Friday, September 24, 2010

Slept Late, relaxed long...

As I woke up this morning around 4:55 am, I felt a bit guilty for wasting the little time I actually had in bed.  As I thought a little deeper into this though, I realized that I was going to change it up, lay in bed and reflect for as long as I needed. Typically I jump out of bed to start my long, tedious day...I would have went to the gym, showered, washed up quickly, and got to work, hopefully no later than 7:15 am.  




Today that changed, which I must admit, was kind of nice. Today I laid on my pillow top mattress and really started to think about everything...what I was rushing to go accomplish, or pretend to accomplish? Today, I awoke slow, took my time to the gym, sat in the jacuzzi tub for about 20 minutes, strolled to the shower with no sense of urgency and it felt great.  Usually, there are strict time limits that are put into my day...meeting's planned, training's to complete, follow up phone calls to be made... no time to mess around, just in, out, and on my way. Today was different though, today I relaxed, no rush at all, and I let the hot water bring out my thoughts.  I reflected on what I have done over the past year, what I was doing in my current life, and where I hope to be going with-in the next six months to year. I thought about how I often times rush through days with out even noticing how fast they are passing. To do what you ask? I am not even sure.  Life just happens and we get caught up in it.  Today though, I caught myself...I need to catch myself everyday.  It was great, no rush or stress but, it was just as productive!


I was lucky today. I did not let this day slip pass and go unnoticed. No Day Should.

So I tell you…. Sleep and bathe longer, and enjoy your time.

Out...Cundiff

No comments:

Post a Comment