Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Scivation Xtend Review...











Xtend is a blend of Energy Aminos consisting of the proven 2:1:1 ratio of Branched Chain Amino Acids, Glutamine, Citrulline Malate, and Vitamin B6 that will give you the energy you need to maximize your training while enhancing recovery at the same time. The components in Xtend have been proven to help in all aspects of training. 

I was introduced to Xtend a few months back...it was referred to me by a close friend who I hold in the highest regard to fitness and product knowledge.

When I went to the store to buy a container, the rep said that there was a lot of internet hype around it and even though he hand not tried it, he would recommend another product called "Ice".  I declined and went ahead and bought the Xtend.

All that was in stock was Blue Raspberry flavor (my favorite)...











I had never used an " amino acid drink" before trying the Xtend. After one half summer of using it though, I am absolutely convinced that XTEND can be hugely beneficial in all aspects of training. Endurance and energy duration seem to be extended and thirst/hydration feel maintained during and after. 

Since taking this I have notice a huge speed up in recovery and results in the gym. 

On a side note: I am not one of these taste weenies crying about flavor. With that said, I used the Blue Raspberry flavor and the stuff honestly tastes just like Jolly Rancher candy. One of the best tasting supplements I've tried overall.. Realistically taste is pretty low on the priority bar, performance is obviously highest. The mix-ability in the Blue Raspberry flavor is almost perfect with little to no precipitate after solutionized. The price point (depending upon source) is excellent as well (90 servings for around 45 bucks).

-Speed Recovery. 
-Enhance ATP production and promote cell volumization. 
-Decrease muscle breakdown and cortisol levels. 
-Avoid fatigue by blocking entry of fatigue-inducing tryptophan into the brain. 
-Increase protein synthesis, immune function and digestive health. 
-Promote vasodilation which can lead to better assimilation and absorption of protein. 
-Elevate growth hormone levels. 





Supplement Facts:
Container Size: 1153 Grams
Serving Size: 2 Scoops (13.9g) 
Servings Per Container: 90

Amount Per Serving:
Calories 40 
Calories From Fat 0 
Total Fat 0 g 0% 
Saturated Fat 0 g 0% 
Cholesterol <0 mg 0% 
Total Carbohydrates 0 g 0% 
Dietary Fiber 0 g 
Sugars 0 g 
Protein 10 g 20% 

Amino Acids and Misc.
L-Leucine 3.5 g 
L-Isoleucine 1.75 g 
L-Valine 1.75 g 
L-Glutamine 2.5 g 
Vitamin B6 10 mg 
Citrulline Malate 1 g 


Ingredients: 
L-Leucine, L-Glutamine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, Citrulline Malate, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Potassium Citrate, Citric Acid, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Pyridoxine HCl, Red #40, Blue #1

My Review:

1. Quality: 10/10
The ingredients in Xtend are second to none. Superb combination of BCAA's, glutamine and citrulline malate. SciVation also provides a Certificate of Analysis (COA) from an independent lab, as shown below.



2. Taste: 10/10

Blue Raspberry, in my opinion has a refreshing taste and overall the best.  It's not to sweet, just right for me. The first time I tried it, I added 1 serving to 24oz and it was great. (its also awesome to shave ice and pour this on top like a slushy)



3. Mixability: 9.5/10

I mix my servings in a water bottle, shook it for 5 seconds and let it sit for 5 minutes. Shook it one more time and it completely dissolved, no problem.



4. Price: 10/10
Considering bulk BCAA's cost $40.00 at other places and don't have citrulline malate and glutamine, $47.89 (with shipping) is very reasonable.



5. Overall 9.9/10
I have taken the dosage of 3 servings (6 scoops) a day for a few months now. Recovery is hugely noticeable and during workouts I have an excellent amount of energy. In almost all my workouts I notice a large increase in stamina, and managed more reps.  The results from this product have been awesome.  I highly recommend this product to others who are feeling lethargic during their workouts and extremely sore after. 












Keep up the great work Scivation!







Out…Cundiff

No comments:

Post a Comment