Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Code Orange Revival Day 7


I am in absolute awe of what God is orchestrating in our generation through #Codeorangerevival.  I've been a Christian for 4 years and God is doing an unexplainable work in me, forming my faith, molding and shaping my trust in Him, Gods taking me somewhere and I am following with my eyes wide open!

When the music fades and all is striped away I will remain forever changed because of how God has touched me through #Codeorangerevival.  Thank you Elevation Church, I am truly grateful.

The night started out with Elevation Church doing spontaneous baptisms... my mom asked me "what, none of these people were baptized at birth?"  I tried to explain what baptism is but, in typical fashion... she said that was stupid and thought I was wrong... I really didn't argue as I love the fact that she actually watches this with me.  I think baptism is a pretty simple concept but, I just didn't want the night to be ruined so I just let her say her peace and tried to forget about it... I will be honest, it bothered me all night... I do want to say, I am very proud of her though, she has been trying to keep an open mind and I keep praying that she will be able to break down some of those walls... and get past the guilt of "tradition" that has been scrubbed into her.



























I know that she may not understand Elevation Church, and she may not embrace it, I think that when she sees the work God is doing through me, she might just come all the way around (I'm not holding my breathe though).  With that said, I think this was a perfect sermon for her to hear!!

Day Seven (7) of #Codeorangerevival...  I’m was pretty stoked to hear Pastor Perry Noble from Newspring Church preach to a packed house!




If you’ve never heard Perry Noble speak before, he lived up... he’s hilarious, solid, and probably unlike any other preacher I have ever heard before.  He’s a guy I would call super legit!

If you haven’t seen anything that’s been going on at #Codeorangerevival this past week, God’s been doing some seriously awesome things! People have been tuning in from 6 continents, all 50 states, from over something like 50,000 devices (cell & Tablets), and lines have started forming at the main Blakeney location on both sides of the building as early as 9AM. It's seriously insane and I am loving every second of it.
Day 7:


Perry Noble  started the night out talking about those go to sermons preachers have stored away from events like #Codeorangerevival...  He called them "candy stick messages".  He talked about knowing the message of those sermons so well that you know when people are going to cry, when you’re going to get saved, when you’re going to laugh, and when you’re going to get anointed.  He said God put it on his heart to skip all three of his "go to" messages and preach a message that was specific to Elevation Church and Pastor Steven.



In Pastor Perry Nobles message he had four major points that supported one central message: "You Are Blessed"


Matthew 13:16-17 But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. For I tell you the truth, many prophets and righteous men longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.

Perry Noble talked for close to an hour, preaching on "You are blessed".  He made it a point to really talk about Elevation Church and how blessed we are!  He said:
  • You are blessed because of what you have seen.

Most people who have been going to church do not get to see what is going on at Elevation Church... They don't understand how our church is growing so fast, they don't understand how we are collecting so many young people.  It is seriously not normal... I am proud of this and will defend it at all costs!  Really what's going on is when people find out about Elevation and they are not part of the movement, they want to find every flaw and say that the people are crazy... Crazy...I say blessed!  Why not be crazy about church?  In a world where we can be crazy about basketball teams, football teams, idols, and things that really do not matter... why can't we be crazy about church!  The people that think we’re "crazy"just can’t see what we see! The one thing about God is, You don’t tell Him what He can’t do!  We are blessed because of what we have and are seeing 

  • You are blessed because of what your ears have heard.

Just as most people don't get to see what we get to see every Sunday, they also do not get the privilege to hear what our ears have heard.  There are people out there that attack Pastor Steven and have started rumors that Elevation Church doesn't preach the Gospel...  I cant tell you a time while in church that Pastor Steven isn't preaching out of a bible along with me having a bible to follow and highlight... A rumor is what a stupid person says when they don’t know the truth.  The stuff that we’ve heard over the past years in our church has been nothing short of remarkable!  I often time tell friends... "When every Sunday you feel like that sermon was written specifically for you to hear its something special".  Its why young people come in masses, its why the church has grown by 2,000 people a year for six straight years... It is because of the message, and the way in which it is delivered.  It is in these sermons that we have heard, they have been planted in our hearts and we share them.  Our ears have heard the word of God and you can not convince me otherwise.
  • You are blessed because of where you are.


Very simple, our house of God is on FIRE... blessed are you because of where you are.   Its not just Charlotte, its everywhere that Elevation Church is.  Through vision and values, Elevation Church preaches on salvation!  God has blessed our church with campus after campus... we are blessed because of where we are... IN CHURCH.   I hear all the time that Elevation Church has problems... well, if you find the perfect church, don’t join. You’ll screw the whole thing up! Are we the elevator that goes up? Are we the elevator that gets stuck? Or are we the elevator that just gets stuck and goes down?  There is no perfect Church... I know that.  I accept that... the minute you start thinking you have the perfect one you are in deep trouble!

  • You are blessed because of who you are!
Your life may not perfect, you may not be happy for who you are.  But, by God’s grace and mercy we are in God’s church.  God’s not through with you until you are dead... if you are breathing, he’s not done with you. Ask yourself, are you the kind of person that stays at the top, gets stuck, or the one that comes down.  Every one of you has the potential to do amazing things for Jesus.  The Cross is a promise to you, Jesus died for our sins, all you have to do is accept it!

As great as Perry Noble was, I think that day 7 may have been the weakest out of the group to this point.  Understand that in saying that... it was great!  But, they all cant be home runs.

I do want to mention that the end of the night was pretty amazing... Pastor Perry Noble was basically telling Steven that he is doing great... to "keep his fork in his hand" (that means the best is yet to come)...  it was awesome.


I loved that Pastor Steven showed humility and a lot of emotion at the close of the night.  Pastor Steven said "sometimes the battle wears you down so much that when the victories come you’re too tired to enjoy them. Let’s not get so weary from the battles that we don’t thank and praise God for the victories". I love that fact that we don't prop up our leaders to the point that they become idols... at the end of the day they are just men!

You are stronger, you are stronger. Sin is broken you, have saved me. It is written, Christ is risen. Jesus you are Lord of all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment