Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Code Orange Revival Day 6



Last night was night SIX(6), the half way point, of #CodeOrangeRevival. Israel Houghton was the guest... Israel is a five time grammy winner.  He just may be the best known American Christian singer and worship leader in the world.  He is known for his cross-cultural style of Christian music that fuses elements from gospel, jazz, and rock. Houghton is currently a worship leader at Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas. 
Now... onto the night at hand.  I will not lie, I was not overly excited about a "concert" type event for one of the nights at #Codeorangerevival but, when I heard that people started lining up at 9:30 yesterday morning for this thing, I thought... maybe I should tune in.



I have dedicated Mac that serves as a media player on my TV so...  I watched the whole event Live in HD in Souround Sound!  I was able to view this with my uncle, brother, and dad (to be honest, I can't think of three other people I would rather have watched this with)... They were pretty much as floored as I was! Israels band "New Breed Music" played for over two hours. He and his band did not disappoint.

Its strange, that I went from almost skipping this night to... Holy Wow... Literally, this may have been the best nigth so far (don't you think I am going to think that every night?).



During the event, it seemed like almost all the things I had prayed about earlier in the day were front and center... God has some strange ways of showing us he is listening doesn't he!  I honestly had to wait this post until today because if I would have tried to type this up yesterday, I dont think I could have put it in paragraph form... so many thoughts were flooding my mind...  I have heard from so many people online and they have said the same thing!  Basically "I am just writing from my heart not my mind."

Really, last night was almost overwhelmingly... what an incredible night at Elevation Church.... Again Israel Houghton led an AMAZING worship that touched my very soul with his lyrics.

**Since there has not been a video posted yet, I am putting up the Hillsong Video (I think Elevations performance was better)

For me the best part was when “Jesus at the Center” was being sung, the Church and the chorus continued repeating “Jesus be the center of my life” and “Jesus be the center of my church"... that was when Pastor Steven called out to his church and guests... He preached a min sermon on Grace, Forgiveness, and The Cross.

It amazes me everytime I see people come to Christ and get saved... that stuff is emotional man!  It also makes all of my guilt and shame pour out... I just feel so humbled to know that even through all of my sin and disobedience to God, that He sent his son to be brutally murdered for me.  It is in The Cross that no matter how many times I fall, stumble, or fail, God forgives me. 



What a simple, powerful, awesome thing it is to know that all we have to do is let Him into our hearts and take the Grace he offers us!  It's because of Jesus that we are forgiven, we are wiped clean, and in all those sins that have run through our broken lives.... past, present, and future... we are forgiven...they are nothing, they are done... God knew we would not be able to do it and If  "Jesus is the Center" and we accpet him, God will see Jesus in us and all will be forgiven!  Amazing isnt it?



To know that in all our struggles in our past, in all the temptations that lay ahead of us in life.... its because of Jesus that we are forgiven! 

The last week has been so amazing (AND WE ARE ONLY AT THE HALF WAY POINT)

Now more than ever, I can proudly say "I know, for a fact, that I have Jesus Christ is on and by my side... and since he is on and by my side, anything is possible!"


No comments:

Post a Comment