Thursday, January 12, 2012

Code Orange Revival Day 1

The Code Orange Revival hosted by my Church "Elevation Church" is here.  12 nights of knock-down dragout preaching...from some of the top preachers in the world.  Yes, in the WORLD.  


The night started out with some of the most amazing worship songs I have seen to date.  Elevation Worship blew the doors off last night and I want to say... it really got me ready to hear some great preaching!






The opening night started with Lifechurch.tv's lead pastor Craig Groeschel.  It was pretty incredible. 

Recap...

The sermon was packed with content and challenges.

At one point, Pastor Craig was talking about how he went in front of an ordination board and was rejected. They said he was too wild. Maybe not conservative enough. Clearly, God was not done with him. Pastor Craig then went on to talk about how so many churches have three primary restrictions when looking for a pastor:
  • Must have at least five years experience. 
  • Must have a degree from seminary. 
  • Must be married. 
If this were the case, then Jesus himself, wouldn’t meet the criteria to pastor their churches. What’s my point? The point is that we need to stop looking for approval from society and the worldly standards. Romans 8:28 says that “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.” We are all qualified to spread the Gospel. There is no degree required to share the Good News of Jesus Christ.

I would say, for me.. the biggest point though came when Pastor Craig spoke about generosity. He talked about a visit to a 3rd world country and how the woman he stayed with saved for 6 months to provide him a piece of meat for dinner (trust me this wasn't filet) and how that kind of generosity is absent in most of our lives. He spoke about how instead of scheming on how to GET more, we should be scheming of ways that we can GIVE more. It was a total inspiration for me in regard to my families general finances and the appreciation I have for my country. 

There are still ELEVEN nights left. Seriously do not miss this...
Each night will be streamed live online at the Elevation Network with the pre-show beginning at 6:12pm each night. 

I'm excited to tune from the comfort of my home. You can bet I'll be on my couch - pen and paper in hand - ready to soak up all the wisdom that I can and prepare my mind and heart to be the best husband, friend, and person I can be in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment