Monday, October 25, 2010

Random thoughts in life's journey...

It's funny, I often times try to compare the state of my life as a 21-year old attending college and a 30-year old parent positioning my way through life... Each experience being accompanied by a certain degree of uncertainty about the future. At 21, I had hooked up with more than my fair share of girls, but I didn't know the first thing about dating, relationships, or real love (even though I thought I did). I had plenty of friends, but I didn't know anything about actually socializing. I'd never held down a job, and I didn't know squat about working. At 21, I knew absolutely jack-shit.

Well at 30, I still know jack-shit, but I know that I know jack-shit. Do you follow? In the 9 intervening years, I accrued experience and humility at approximately the same rate...

You know, I am not 100% sure that it's really supposed to be like this though.  All the time in between 21 and 30... all the grinding, all the day to day non-sense, I thought I would be in a different place or something... Who knows, that probably doesn't even make sense...

Maybe its like this...  There comes a time when you sort of see things or people for what they are.  I think I am at that point... I might be realizing that you have to make it work or work harder, that you aren't just going to be handed anything (even if you think you should be). 

Maybe hitting the reset button on life isn't that bad of an idea (obviously, you still need to handle your responsibilities)...  Maybe taking those few steps back to retrace those mistakes or working back toward those few important goals that got lost in the process of "growning up" is what needs to be done... I guess only time will tell


Out...Cundiff

No comments:

Post a Comment