Friday, October 22, 2010

My Sphere of Influence...

Sometimes when I'm chatting with friends (like right now) I wonder about the sphere of influence that I have on them.  I'm not trying to say that I think I'm all amazing or full of awesomeness but, rather the crazy places life brought me to, and the actual affect I have had... the groups of friends, scattered across, whom I've had the privilege to meet.

On some level, a apart of me, the dreamer I suppose, feels that there is definitely a greater purpose to this... that perhaps, I may play some key role that allows me to connect with people from all over and influence them maybe just a little (maybe in the smallest way... just enough to gain thier curiosity), and not in a match making sense, although I hear there's a lot of money in online dating.

I suppose on one level, I might seem like a really confident and very forceful person in my opinions, but anyone who really knows me, knows that over the years I have really settled down and thats possibly because, believe it or not, I have seen myself screw up a lot, especially in the past few years here.

I often don't realize the effect that I have on people, seriously, until they tell me, or it becomes really obvious. It often DOES surprise me, when I hear stories of people who I've encouraged or helped... groups of friends that have been bonded by my presence, its awesome to know that I can somehow do that... and it's a pattern that repeats itself in various places... I think that's what surprises me the most.

Obviously it feels good to hear that from people, and to know that I have great friends... but more than that... I wonder... well 1. can I build a business around it by teaching it, lol or 2. what does it really mean for me in my destiny.

Is it something as crazy as raising my own family to be better?... heaven knows I need a lot of work there.

Who knows... Perhaps God could very well send me to some other place in the world to have some profound effect on someone or something that needs it... I really have no idea... perhaps I'll meet another group of super awesome people with whom I'll be able to help on thier journey for a short while.

A friend of mine once told me that, he though I was an agent of change... an "impact" guy... I still have no idea what that means, or how it's going to give me a better paying job... but I trust in God, and He's got my back, so what do I have to fear?

Out...Cundiff

No comments:

Post a Comment